Northern Michigan is home to a unique array of artists, musicians, small farms, vineyards, restaurants, boutiques and more. Explore the hidden treasures our local communities have to offer.
Food and Dining:
- At Chimney Corners try our Wednesday night BBQ or our Friday Night Dinner at The Lodge.
- Sample our local microbrews and a gourmet flatbread pizza at Stormcloud Brewing Company in Frankfort.
- Try a slice of the Cherry Hut’s famous Cherry Pie in Beulah.
- The Manitou is a must for an evening of fine dining. Reserve ahead.
- Frankfort and Beulah restaurants offer a host of delicious gourmet and comfort food options.
- For that perfect cup of coffee and pastry check out our local cafes and bakeries.
- Local Farmer’s Markets offer the best of our small farms produce, meats and cheeses.
- Visit the Grocer’s Daughter in Empire for delectable homemade gourmet chocolate.
- Browse the many antique shops in the area.
- Check out the boutiques close by Frankfort and Beulah.
- Drive up the coast to visit the little shops in Empire, Glen Arbor and Leland.
- For big city shopping with a small town feel, visit downtown Traverse City.
- Visit renowned natural artist, Gwen Frostic’s Presscraft Papers.
- Buy homemade soaps, candles and local goods at BeeDazzled on River Road in Benzonia.
- Check out downtown Frankfort and the newly renovated coast guard station, now the Betsie Hosick Art Center.
- Becky Thatcher and other artists in Leland.
- Visit the local craft fairs and farmer’s markets held throughout the summer.
- Visit the Benzie County Historical Museum.
Music and Festivals:
- Friday and Saturday Nights at The Cabbage Shed
- Mondays and Thursdays at Stormcloud Brewing Company
- Frankfort and Beulah Outdoor Concerts and shows
- Interlochen Arts Festival